Are you new to betting and looking for a place to start? Below are a few tips to help point you in the right direction:
- Avoid large lines for favorites. For example: Gonzaga -24.5 points… that is too many points to give up, so pass on lines like this.
- The Home Team is your friend… except during Covid – there is no real home field advantage right now.
- If you are doing a parlay stick with 3-4 teams max. We have all seen someone hit a 13 teamer at some point somewhere on social media, but big parlays are just sucker bets and a waste of time and money.
- Always check to see who is sitting before you submit your picks, especially with the NBA.
- Never bet on bad teams… just avoid it. If you are on the fence with some of your picks, look at the records for each team – if you are picking a team with a below .500 record you may want to take the game off your slate. Bad teams just can’t be trusted.
- Avoid live betting if you are not watching the game. We all like that instant win – but avoid throwing random live bets on a game if you don’t know the current game flow.
- In the end – stick with your gut.